 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4447
Re: We are ready.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:29:07 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Um, the quote is: "Within a year building instructions for LEGO sets developed
since 1955 will be accessible online."

I see no "every" in there. :-)

I noticed that, but was being hopeful. :)  Also I was ignoring the fact that
they could just put up one set of instructions and say "hey, this one was
developed since 1955."

Here's the link for you: www.brickshelf.com  :-) :-)

So, is that what Lego meant?  Does Brickshelf even have instructions from
sets that old?  I know the catalogs only go back to 1965, and Lugnet's
database goes back to 1957, but I don't know how to check for really old
sets directly on Brickshelf.  If Lego is now officially endorsing
Brickshelf, I'd like to see some mention of it on Lego.com and perhaps some
clearer wording on Brickshelf.

Ben Roller

P.S. He wouldn't be Larry if he wasn't picky, please forgive his post in
lego.direct. ;)