 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4450
Re: We are ready.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 19:39:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ben Roller writes:
So, is that what Lego meant?  Does Brickshelf even have instructions from
sets that old?  I know the catalogs only go back to 1965, and Lugnet's
database goes back to 1957, but I don't know how to check for really old
sets directly on Brickshelf.
I have one Samsonite-era set from the early 70's:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/375_1

which includes a single sheet showing models that _can't_ build with this
set. I was amused. (In the set's defense, the back of the box shows models
that can be built.)

It makes me wonder if any instructions from the 50's ever existed, or if
they are interesting except from a collector's or historian's point of view.

Cary