 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 417
Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:03:56 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:
But anyway, no I don't think $400 is a fair price at this time.  In many ways,
I think I am seeing prices leveling off or even prices dropping since the
advent of Lego Direct.  I think people scent the proximity of rarer elements
being made available again and are therefore less inclined to pay some crazy
auction price for them.  Then again, some items remain high or appear to be
climbing -- I guess it just depends.

Actually, I'd expect that one of the most significant factors in the
price of pirate ships is if someone is stocking up for the pirate game.
My stocking run was quite noticeable to a lot of pirate fans. If the
price seems to be levelling off or dropping, it may be because right now
no one is stocking up for the pirate game. I doubt LD will have much of
an effect on the prices of pirate sets, I seriously doubt we will see
any of the unique pieces for pirates (not even the hull center sections,
only a handfull of people would want more than a few of those).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com