 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4151
4150  |  4152
Subject:
UK Shipping. Was Re: 10020 arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:23:02 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
news:Gs6wxt.C7n@lugnet.com...
SNIP

Yes, Lego Shop-at-Home seem to have changed their shipping policy to • the UK.
You can only have 'Priority-mail' now. It's quite pricey, and I've • found it
tends to get here in 2 days flat!

I wish they'd ship for free. I hate to pay full RRP and P&P which is • double
what ParcelForce charge... and they bring it to me! I would buy much • more
from them if P&P were less.

(Did you hear that Brad/LD?)

I agree.
My casual shop at home buying as gone down to zero since they introduced
this.
I am not paying £2.95 shipping for a £1.99 product.

Some points
1. shipping is usually based on weight, not cost of product. Why should
an expensive, but light product cost more to ship, or vice versa? Lego
don't pay shipping based on cost of product, so why do they charge me
like this? Why should very low cost, very low weight accessory packs
cost £2.95 to ship? This is as much as the cost of the accessory pack.
But I can't buy them in stores can I?

2. Who's idea of 'priority' is "Priority Shipping: In-stock orders are
shipped within 24-36 business hours after they are received, and you can
expect your order to arrive within 3 to 6 business days."?
So priority can take 8 days? My definition of priority is noon next day.
And for Lego's shipping rates I would expect that.

3. Most other e-commerce sources I use have much more competitive
shipping rates. Or free.

4. shop at home stock 'exclusive' product that they refuse to sell via
stores. Then charge me through the nose for shipping.

The Santa Fe was the 1st thing I have bought in months, due to its
numbered exclusivity.

Lawrence