 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3816
  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Hate to burst your collective bubble guys, but these trees are exactly like the old ones AFAICT. I have one from my son's town alongside a package of five new ones, and there is NO difference (other than the slight dustiness and faintly (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Can anyone else confirm that the new cypress trees are no worse than the older cypress trees? We could probably just accept Maggie's sole opinion on this, but I'd like to hear it from someone else too. [Maggie's *just* a girl, after all, so (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Tell ya what Richard, I'll bring both old and new trees along to our next trade, and after I'm done setting you straight about the above remarks you can take a look at them and judge for yourself! :-D Maggie (who has found a second old tree to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Fair enough-- I will gladly retract my tantrum if this the case. ;-) Kevin (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Ok, I just popped open a MISB 7835 to look at a pristine original Cypress tree. It does not appear to be bent, but most certainly is of a softer plastic than a handy pine tree. Frank (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Now, y'see here, this is the problem: I can only be certain that there's no difference by how they feel to *chew*. Yes, you heard me right, chew. I gnawed up my ONLY CYPRESS TREE many years ago, and it's now long-vanished, or if it's still (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

Hi, (...) Funny that... I also have a 7835 though I only got it MIB, not MISB. In any case the cypress tree that came with it is slightly bent giving it the windswept look. I don't have any new cypress trees yet to compare, but it does look like the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Hah! I don't swing that way, Baby! -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Hi Richard, (...) Yep, I can back Maggie up on this. They are made of the same plastic as the originals and my original one is just as bent! Richard. (URL) marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GoAzFM.24v@lugnet.com... (...) like (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: In the shadow of bent trees

(...) Just received my order of these trees :^) Most of them seem bent to various degrees, but it seem like if/when 3 of the trees had the branches intlocked/intertwined the middle one and to a lesser extent the side ones were more strait. SO what I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)