 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2884
Re: New Bulk Bricks added to Lego.com (basket set to U.S.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:46:50 GMT

Added lego.direct just because I hope they see this and it eventually sinks in.
This is meant as constructive critisizm and not a random negative attack.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bob Parker writes:
There's been several new additions to bulk bricks:

50x Sand Red 2x4 bricks $6.99 (item #10005) - I assume this is the same
color as seen in Life On Mars sets

This is great... *but*... What am I going to do with just 2x4 bricks?  Its like
the brown slopes being offered in only 2x4 sizes (BTW Brown Slopes and Bricks
still don't show in the U.S. shop.lego.com you can only get these if you call).
Variety in the same color is the key here.  Onesies and twosies of a brick size
and color combo is just not valuable to me.  If I could get "Sand Red" bricks
in several sizes I would order some right now.

I realize they might be "in the pipe" but why release them like this.  I don't
pretend to understand TLC's manufacturing process but it seems to me for Bulk
stuff it would serve them better to concentrate on say a variety of Brown
Slopes before pumping out thousands of Sand Red 2x4 bricks.  Now maybe they can
only add on to a current run that is being made for sets.  If that is the case
then I guess I can understand but it is still frustraiting because I would love
to build something with a brown roof but it is nearly impossible with what is
currently offered in Bulk.  Same goes for Sand Red Bricks.  It is hard to build
something with only one size brick.

62x brick sets $4.99 in yellow, green, red, blue, white (these appear to be
the same as what was offered a couple of years ago through Lego S@H).
It says that 62x light grey bricks are no longer available.

42x various blue plates $4.99

Just clearing old stock here I guess.

Now I just want to state again for the 100th time that I can't stand the way
shop.lego.com is organized.  If I don't know an item number it can take a very
long time to find anything.  For example 2x4 bricks are spread all over the
bulk listings.  Sure search can help but for the lay person a neatly organized
online catalog is necessary.  I hate to beat a dead horse but this is truely
annoying the site has gotten better and if they could fix this major problem I
would use the site much more often.  For me all the other problems with the
site are relatively minor.

Honestly speaking,

Eric Kingsley