 Marketplace / Shopping / 7688
Re: New Bulk Bricks added to Lego.com (basket set to U.S.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:29:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, William R. Ward writes:
"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
   Interesting.  I wonder why sand red, when sand green has
   obviously already had a much longer and larger run for the
   Statues of Libety.  (I almost wanted to say "Mothers of
   Invention."  Ack.)  Does a 2x4 sand red brick come in any
   current set?  (I don't have my LoM sets assembled so I
   really don't know.)

My guess is someone accidentally dumped a whole bunch of the sand red
ABS balls into a 2x4 molding machine, and they had to dispose of them
*somehow*...

--Bill.

OK, can someone help me 'grok' which color is Sand Red (not having bought any of
the LOM sets as yet). Is this vaguly related to the 'pink' from paradisa ? I
just looked at this color chart...

<http://www.baseplate.com/colors/>

Is Sand Red the same as 'Red+Gray', as 'Red+2', or is this a color not depicted
on the baseplate chart ?

Ray