 Marketplace / Shopping / 7687
Re: New Bulk Bricks added to Lego.com (basket set to U.S.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 02:04:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Bob Parker writes:
There's been several new additions to bulk bricks:

50x Sand Red 2x4 bricks $6.99 (item #10005) - I assume this is the same
color as seen in Life On Mars sets

  Interesting.  I wonder why sand red, when sand green has
  obviously already had a much longer and larger run for the
  Statues of Libety.  (I almost wanted to say "Mothers of
  Invention."  Ack.)  Does a 2x4 sand red brick come in any
  current set?  (I don't have my LoM sets assembled so I
  really don't know.)

I don't seem to remember any, but then I haven't put them together, only
fondled the contents.

  That aside, sand red just isn't that useful unless you're
  making a LOAD of LoM landscapes or pink marble structures.
  That's before the variety issue that Eric K. mentioned in
  a parallel message. I would have preferred sand green or
  sand blue first, but any progress is good progress from my
  perspective.

An odd choice, since it isn't in circulation yet.
Maybe they want to sell more SoL sets and channel sand green that way.

pete.w