 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2510
Re: Availability of Soccer Women's Team #3416?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 05:07:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, "Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> writes:
---
Jake McKee
Sr. Producer - LEGO Direct

PS: Sorry about the personal email account, but it is just too much hassle
to change it everytime I post as an "employee" versus a "fan".

Jake, I understand and appreciate that it is still awkward to switch back
and forth between two posting configurations via the web interface -- it was
never designed with that kind of support in mind -- but that doesn't create
an excuse to post officially from a private e-mail address and to make a
comment like that at the end of an official post.

The reason for the separation of official vs. personal postings again is
because we don't want LEGO conducting official business in the regular
groups here (i.e., outside of the .lego.* area).  When you make official
posts from your private email address, the consequences are that you begin
to blur the line.  We don't want it blurred.  We want it 100.000% clear when
a post coming from someone at LEGO is personal and when it is official.

If it bothers you that much to switch back and forth between two posting
configurations, simply set up two separate web browsers -- one for official
posts and one for personal posts -- until I can fix the web interface to
make it easier for you to switch directly.  Or, if that's too much work, use
your web browser for posting official messages and your newsreader for
posting private messages.  Or, if that's too much work, borrow someone
else's computer who doesn't use their web browser often and make official
posts from there.  Or, if that's still too much work, restrict yourself to
posting officially only from your computer at work and posting privately
only from your computer from home.  At any rate, please, no more official
LEGO posts from your personal email account.  Thanks.  Questions...feel free
to call us on the phone.

--
Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>

[cc Brad Justus via email]