 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2519
Re: Availability of Soccer Women's Team #3416?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 20:48:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Walsh writes:

"LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

If it bothers you that much to switch back and forth between two posting
configurations, simply set up two separate web browsers -- one for
official
posts and one for personal posts -- until I can fix the web interface to
make it easier for you to switch directly.

So fix it already. Until you do I suggest that what really matters is the
*SIGNATURE* on the post. NOT the email address associated with it.

Or, if that's too much work, use
your web browser for posting official messages and your newsreader for
posting private messages.  Or, if that's too much work, borrow someone
else's computer who doesn't use their web browser often and make official
posts from there.  Or, if that's still too much work, restrict yourself to
posting officially only from your computer at work and posting privately
only from your computer from home.  At any rate, please, no more official
LEGO posts from your personal email account.  Thanks.  Questions...feel
free  to call us on the phone.

--
Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>

Guess what. I decided this was an offical statement by the sig. I didn't
even look at the email address.

[cc Brad Justus via email]

I read this article this morning and my initial thought was "great, here we
go again".  Let's alienate a valuable source of information again.

Hear hear.

Todd, if you don't want the LD employees to do this, then you have the
responsibility to make it easy for them to switch posting IDs.  I don't
think that putting the burden to work through the posting process should
fall on the LD folks.  If you don't want them to post in this manner then it
is your responsibility to mechanize LUGNET to facilitate switching posting
IDs.

Agreed.

The discussion about how much of a nuisance it is to change posting IDs was
pretty detailed (I think it was Larry P. who summarized the process) when
you first implemented the posting restricition.

And I'll be happy to dredge up that post if you forgot how much of a
nuisance it is. I just now went through it to get this particular client PC
authorised and it is a significant amount of time to change settings...

FUT admin.nntp

++Lar