 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2520
Re: Availability of Soccer Women's Team #3416?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 22:32:51 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> writes:
Todd, if you don't want the LD employees to do this, then you have the
responsibility to make it easy for them to switch posting IDs.

Suzanne and I disagree.  However, we do plan to make it easier.

I don't
think that putting the burden to work through the posting process should
fall on the LD folks.

I wasn't taking a poll.

If you don't want them to post in this manner then it
is your responsibility to mechanize LUGNET to facilitate switching posting
IDs.

Listen, LEGO is getting a free ride here.  There's no _burden_ to make it
easier to post.  However, I do agree that making it easier is a good thing
for all, and we intend to make it better for that reason.

This will happen.  But until then, this is what we have.  This is the way it
is.  I'm sorry if it means someone at LEGO has to maintain two separate web
browser configurations (or whatever solution they choose to employ) if they
want to post private things from work, but that's their problem, not mine.

Let's not lose perspective here.  You're asking me to go out of my way to
implement a feature for one, maybe two people at LEGO who want to be able to
post private messages from their machine at work.  LEGO isn't paying me one
red penny to be here, so I don't see any reason to do that for them.  On the
other hand, I'll be happy to do it for the community, but nobody had better
have the audacity to demand it from me.  For crying out loud.

Forget this.  You have better things to be worried about.

The discussion about how much of a nuisance it is to change posting IDs was
pretty detailed (I think it was Larry P. who summarized the process) when
you first implemented the posting restricition.

I remember.

--
Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>