 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2236
Re: LEGO Bionicle special offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:34:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Ray Kremer writes:

Well, if I belonged to the club already then sure, but I don't so I'll just
wait 'til July.

I just called LEGO Shop at Home and the rep who answered told me that the
special offer in question is available to anyone, not just members of the
LEGO Club.

Oh wait.  My bad.  Not the N64.  GameCube.  And Game Boy Advance.  And PC
CD-ROM of course.
http://cube.ign.com/news/29976.html
http://pocket.ign.com/news/29972.html

As for the ign.com article -- aside from their reporting on the software, I
feel I should point out that they're a little bit confused about which LEGO
products are programmable. To my knowledge, we are not planning any Bionicle
sets where you can "program their movements through software" a la Mindstorms.

Of course, you could make a creation that combines a RCX with one or more
Toa, which is in fact what I plan to do once I buy some more Toa.

To address another question posed by Paul Gyugyi in this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/bionicle/?n=243

Yes, a trading card game is in the works. I have no more information on the
trading card game at this point, but we will be releasing some information
about that on Bionicle.com, along with info on the digital games.

Tomas Clark
LEGO Direct