 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1983
Re: LEGO.com website errors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:41:29 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Timm writes:
<snip>
Can I make a suggestion? perhaps when you the word Bulk into the
search for dialog box, it would include the following link or its
current equivalent with whatever other results that pop up.

http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?Type=1&Brand=7&SubBrand=1

Also this following link is still around but appears to be somewhat
outdated but came up in my searches today

http://www.lego.com/bulk/default.asp

It doesn't show the new items such as the micromotor and such, so it
should either be updated or removed....

Oh please don't remove the second link.  It is so much better organized than
the shop.lego.com pages that I would much prefer to shop this way.  I just wish
you could add to your shopping cart from these pages.

How can you have 2 such different pages with such different setups and the
second, harder to find, page being so much better?

I agree with Eric 100%. This earlier iteration of the bulk site is much
beter. The column on the left and each size piece only pictured once with
color options below it make finding the piece you need much easier.

The problem is that this site was not removed when lego.new was released and
the pats listed on it have not been updated since. For example 2x4  and 2x2
tan bricks are not listed.  Of course on the shop.lego.com pages you have to
scroll through every page to find tan bricks since they are not listed with
the rest of the 2x4 and 2x2 bricks, very confusing.  Right now there are 99
items.  How many pages will there be by summer, or Christmas, and how many
pages will we have to sort through just to see if a particular size piece is
offered in a particular color. (Yellow plates for example.)  This definitely
needs work. Keep adding pieces, but improve the layout.

BEN GATRELLE