 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1967
Re: LEGOs dirty trick: making money by not producing all masks as announced.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:05:49 GMT

"Playmobil produces the better Legos today!"

If you don't believe, take a look at this loussy brick quality:

I agree with this statement!  I posted about this almost a year ago about
how the quality of the Lego brick is way down.  Anyone that has old Lego can
put it sid by side with the new ones and can see that there are huge
differences in the quality.  Here are a few:

1. The old Lego were much brighter and had a better finished look
2. Mold marks, what are those?  On the old Lego, you never saw a mold line
or a swirl where it was removed from the mold
3. The plastic is low quality and not as dense.  The old Lego you could take
apart with a fingernail without ever 'scoring' the Lego.  I wouldn't dare
try and seperate new plates now because they 'dent' to easily and look like
your dog got a hold of it.
4.  Color inconsistancy is up.
5.  Printed images are smeared, non-existant, or faded right out of the box!
6.  I was using some black 1x16 bricks this weekend on a project.  I was
handling them and for some reason, finger prints were on them.  Now, I've
never experienced that before!  So, I decided to wipe the fingerprints off
with my COTTON TEE-SHIRT and small scratches appeared all along the brick.
Boy, was I mad and almost didn't want to use them on my model after that.
What's the deal!!!

I have over 700 Lego sets and loads of non set stufff and I must say, that
if Lego doesn't start addressing quality, I may find a new hobby.

Brian Kasprzyk
The "Land of SparrowHawk" is coming soon!