 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1948
Re: shop.lego.com bug report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:07:27 GMT

This sounds like a cookie problem -- possibly on your end, which is easier
to fix, so it's the best place to start. Have you tried:

- clearing out your cache (aka temporary internet files, but I believe in
Netscape it's usually called cache). Always a good thing to do when trouble
strikes. In fact, I usually do it once at the beginning, and again after
trying a different fix, just to be on the safe side.

- deleting the cookie file -- I'm afraid I don't know exactly where it
would be kept in Solaris. But it's probably in with the Netscape
installation, under your Netscape profile name (or just default). If you
don't want to delete all your cookies, you could try just deleting the
lego.com lines, but it's safer to delete the whole thing.

- trying with a different browser. If you have any other browsers
installed, they probably don't have the same problem. If you install a
totally new, fresh browser and you're still getting the same thing, then
it's probably some sort of incompatibility that we should look into further.
But my hunch is that it's a bad cookie.

Tomas Clark
Producer, LEGO Direct

In lugnet.lego.direct, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Tomas Clark wrote:

Update: this bug should be fixed now.

Thanks for the update, and for getting it fixed.
However, I still can't shop!

I no longer get any javascript errors.
However, after I click on the USA flag and it contacts shop.lego.com,
I get put right back at http://shop.lego.com/gateway.asp
(it clears and refreshes the window as if it were going there for
the first time).

/Eric McC/