 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5974 (-20)
  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) Incorrect. On a scale of 1 to 10, four years ago Lego was a 10 and Mega Bloks was a 3. Today Lego is a 9 and Mega Bloks is a 7.5. So while Lego is still superior, Mega Bloks have in fact become a viable alternative in a quality versus quantity (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Article about Brad Justus

(...) The URL for LEGO's "My Opinions" section is (URL) so they're actually serving the My Opinions web pages for LEGO. I get the impression there's an administrative system set up for authorized LEGO employees to create surveys on the fly. This was (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Article about Brad Justus

(...) Not very informative? (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) While this may be true, the "loyal" customers left Coke only because there were alternatives that wern't as vile as New Coke. Pepsi did quite well after New Coke came out. Does this mean that we're all going to switch to Megablocks over the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Article about Brad Justus

(...) Agreed. But, quoting from the press release (a form of "exuberant writing", to be sure): "Informative enables brands to market with consumers -- not just to them -- by engaging consumers in group discussion and dialogue about the brand. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brown & Gray bulk packs now have percent discount

(...) My order included both back-order stuff and stuff that had already shipped. Joanne at Shop@Home was able to cancel my order and place a new order that reflected the bulk discount. The only drawback was that I lost my place in the back-order (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brown & Gray bulk packs now have percent discount

(...) Don't we all wish. :) Now I have no excuse for bolstering the economy. -Mike (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Brown & Gray bulk packs now have percent discount

(...) This is good to hear! I was honestly wondering why they didin't have the discount in the first place and thats one of the reasons why I hadn't ordered any of them yet. Anyway I will now place my order and feel I got a deal verses something (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Brown & Gray bulk packs now have percent discount

So, tons of people have ordered some of that last production run of the true grays and brown, right? I myself ordered several bulk packs of them as soon as they were on the LEGO website. They were all $4.99 each, and they weren't eligible for the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: CLEAR 48x48 baseplate - sell it to us?

(...) I once went to one of those, and what a dive it was! You Canadians really know your trashy bars! Dave! (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: CLEAR 48x48 baseplate - sell it to us?

(...) A sea diorama My dad's dive club made a diorama years ago showing the wreck of the Sweepstakes in Big Tub Harbour in Tobermory, Ontario. They got a big aquarium, made a mini shipwreck, added divers, and then put plex above that, signifying the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: CLEAR 48x48 baseplate - sell it to us?

Just as you said - clear roofs on large structures. Or LTCs that paint their tables - build a building on clear, and drop it on a table. Or paint a table blue, and drop these over it. More importantly, stained glass windows that could be studs (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Rob Hendrix" <rhendrix@cei.net> wrote in message news:Huzqq3.1BA8@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have seen one of these and held one in my hands so I can vouch for their existance. They are very cool but I can't think of lots of use for (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

I saw one at BF2002? 03?, but I bet the un-named person who was holding it won't give it up, will you Eric? Oops!!! ;) I think every piece in clear would be awesome! -brickmodder "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: CLEAR 48x48 baseplate - sell it to us?

I second the motion--this 48x48 clear baseplate would be a definite asset. I probably can't afford as much as Tom ;), but I'd get at least 5. Blue and green would be other colours (as mentioned numerous times in the past), but clear would be the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  CLEAR 48x48 baseplate - sell it to us?

(URL) was talking to the Master Builder on the last tour about these, he said he had seen them. I guess this proves their existence. Can we PLEASE get these somehow? I'm trying to build a stained glass window, and this would make it a LOT easier to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) To be honest, I only realized they were there when I went into one of the LEGO outlet stores and saw one built and in the display case. At first, because it was at a different angle, my response was "ARGH, another store set using pieces that (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) Well, wow! Thank you VERY much Kerry - I may actually be able to get some S@H stuff now :) My parents are paranoid about ordering on the net (and being 16, I don't have a Credit Card yet.) So this is really good stuff! And to think, here I was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) If connected via Telstra, you call 1800 881 011 then at the prompt enter 1800 835 4386. If connected via Optus, you call 1800 551 155 then at the prompt enter 1800 835 4386 (same as above). This number operates Mon-Fri (5pm-9am Sydney time) (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

The sets lately haven't thrilled me. I only buy sets if I KNOW I'll like the parts. Those 3x3 corner slopes aren't in the picture on the front of the box. If they would have been, I'd have noticed long ago. Yes, I could REALLY, REALLY use these in (...) (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact