 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3104 (-20)
  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) Video games were as popular or more popular in the late 70s - early 90s as they are now. The only difference that amounts to anything is that computer games can do alot more now (the kinds of computer games that appeal to the same market (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) Video games were popular during the 80s, but not to the level they are now. Todays video games are more realistic are more exciting than they were in the 80s. More people own PCs today which means more computer games. It also means that when (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes: . (...) What are you talking about? This argument just doesn't hold water. Video games and cable tv were around and popular 20 years ago (especially video games). Not to mention the fact that lego's greatest (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

Okay, Joe (and Dan)- Although I can't speak for TLC, I bet I have a good idea as to what they would say to your collective concerns, and rather than let a brush fire blaze out of control here, let me point out a few things which hopefully will help (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

(...) name is Joe Franco, im 16, and I have been playing with Lego for 13 years. I used to like your sets, because of the challenge of building them. When I was smaller, I used to wait after school for the mail man to come deliever our mail in hopes (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  This is stupid... I can't tolerate this *juniorization*...

Ok, this is going to be a long message. Just to get who I am straight, I'm Dan Simonson, I'm 13, I've played with Legos since I was 3. I got a whole bunch of bricks from my sister, who once got them from my brother, who's 30 now. This is where my (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  S@H site bug report

When I go to shop.lego.com and choose Bionicle from the Technic menu, I get this error: DynAPI reported an error Error in file: '(URL) number: 128 Message: DynObject.all.sub155 has no properties I'm using Netscape 4.7 on Sun Solaris 8. /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  to lego direct re lego legends/classic

I understand from what people have been saying on lunget that lego is unable to produce any new "space" sets because lego is making the starwars sets. My question is this: Does this also mean that lego direct wont be rereleasing classic or legensd (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: new lego sets? are they crazy?

(...) via s@h is increasing rapidly. Though they (...) I can't try to defend Shop@Home on those accounts. Why they can't make bulk bricks at a more reasonable price, I don't know. Why we have to pay upwards of 10 cents a piece for basic bricks, I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com improvements

(...) Plus the Menu seems to load much better and there is a "Sort by feature" which kinda works for grouping the Bulk Bricks. Not quite though because some of the descriptors arn't consistant. For example there are "1 x 2 Brown Bricks" and "1x2 (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  shop.lego.com improvements

I haven't seen them mentioned here yet... Today I see there have been a some much-needed improvements to the shopping experience: - Your cart is always visible - You can add items to the cart, 4 at a time, by set number Now all we need is a 'what's (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) I think they're underestimating it less than you think. Brad touched on this type of impact. However, I think their feeling is their whole Mania Club/S@H consituency fits this bill. Brad also made it clear that while he completely understood (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

(...) You can blame me, in part, for that, as I posted it to events.brickfest and to trains... And I suppose you can blame LD, in part, for that, as they didn't post it here like they did the first one. I imagine they figured that the buzz generated (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

Well, I had heard about the Metroliner announcement, but not being at Brickfest, along with 4 billion other people, I expected to read about it here. I am disappointed that it wasn't announced here. --Jack Gregory Jude Beaudin (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

To All, (...) Well, being a space, town, and train head, I am happy! I would love to see some older space models, but an re-isue of any good set is great to see! : ) Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

(...) reissue (...) Yes, we are. 8-D Jude (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@home.com> wrote in news:GHEzyI.5Ao@lugnet.com: (...) and the prices on ebay instantly nose dived (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

(...) We are? ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

(...) another (...) Where have you been?!? :-) It was announced at brickfest and it is the reissue of the Metroliner and Club Car. Trainheads were dancing in the streets. Heck, even spaceheads are happy. Jude (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: And the July Surprise is...

<snip> (...) Okay, so it's August. Is there really an "August Surpise"? Will it be another Reissue? Christopher (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact