 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3034 (-20)
  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wow! If the piece wasn't malformed/misshapen, I'd pay big money to buy that head! Obviously not the response you were hoping for. :^) I can't judge from the photos how bad the printing on the torsos of the figures is. I've been hoping that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Well, I don't know about a "majority" opinion, but I am a Lugnet member and I think the quality control issue is a VERY big issue. I am not so hopped up about the issue of how the elements are actually molded, my bigger issue remains the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Apparently one must have children to answer the product survey. Strange, since it gives "Self or another adult" as a choice for the question of who you primarily buy for. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) Is there a way to just see results without retaking the survey? (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Gee, wouldn't a "gift horse" actually be something one didn't have to pay for? While we are are paying for it, I think we can discuss whatever pleases us best, ok? I won't spoil your fun if you won't spoil mine, ok? -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

(...) sorry - couldn't use it, since it requires java. Shame to _require_ something that's there just for looks. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: We want to know what you think!

Jake The first question does not have the choice " Jake sent Me "! :-) Thanx, Mark Millère LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares (URL) -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:GGoIDK.48I@lugnet.com... (...) Can I say that was the best thing you could have done. Great to have an opportunity to make some input. Great to see what other things folks are (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) While we're begging, I think we should demand that it all comes for free, yesterday. And it should be better than the originals! By the way, look up the phrase "begs the question" -- I do not think that expression means what you think it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: We want to know what you think!

I tried to not to check any boxes for the ages of my children (as i have none) and since "i have no children" wasn't an option.... think that could be added for us childless AFOLs? :) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  We want to know what you think!

Greetings! I am posting as your friendly neighbor LEGO Direct rep/AFOL again to let you all know that we have launched a new part of www.LEGO.com. As some of you may know from Brad's mention at Brickfest, the new Your Opinion site is now live at: (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GGnrLw.IIE@lugnet.com... (...) Guarded (...) modules (...) ...or the Monorail for Space? ;-) -Tim (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) A most excellent point! I agree 100%. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

<SNIP!> The only complaint/issue that I have with the Legends/re-issue/Direct merchandise is that I have to figure out (a) what I want, (b) what I need and (c) which will be unavailable to me later as a Direct purchase item?!? I LOVE that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

To All, (...) That is a very interesting notion. I saved up and bought the Metroliner when it first came out, and I still have it today, and I love it too death. However, just because it is coming out in a new form, does not mean I lost that memory. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Sounds like you're complaining about a loss of nostalgia. I think you're in the minority, though. People who have the original set will feel a bit slighted, but people who don't have it feel like they're receiving a gift from Lego. That's just (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Oddly, I got the copy with the Guarded Inn in it after I ordered a pair of inns. The summer catalog I got today along with my Inns (yippie!) is the version, ironically, without the Inn. I was idly looking at the catalog scratching my head as (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) No - he's not chaning his argument, he's just adding new ones as new info comes available. I was about to post about the latest bad quality on .lego.direct but Ben has beaten me by a few hours and mentioned it on this thread about Legends. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Greg Kramer writes: <snip> (...) OK, so what happens with 10001 and 10002 ? They have missed the (current) catalog mailing. WIll they get a bump from the S@H online store, or will they get 'bumped' when the next catalog (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) That only shows that on this specific set, the rest of the enthusiasts and us have the same opinion. And I think Lego anticipated that, or else they wouldn't have re-released the set. It doesn't show that it's selling better than the other (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact