 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2114 (-10)
  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

(...) I can speak to this a *little* bit as I have been discussing this issue for several months with somebody at LEGO. My understanding is that the Shell promo was about a "4 million pack-out" (as the term was relayed to me). So, I too asked the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long)

"John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com> wrote in message news:G9wF4D.Hv3@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) bunch (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have mentioned this before but I think it is worth repeating. LEGO should have a bunch (like 50) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long)

(...) Just out of curiosity, was it the grey spaceship? That MB set really is pretty cool! When I bought mine, it was missing the little miniguy -- but just like TLC, they sent me one from their own consumer affairs dept. The little fellow is (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long)

Another shopping story: I was (coincidently) in a Walmart last night. This was in Nashville. I too eavesdropped. A lady (maybe a grandmother) and a boy around 10 were in the same aisle. I was browsing for clearance Lego and had found a few sets. The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes: That was very well written by David. And his analogy of the Lego Bandsaw was fantastic. I tmay have studs on it, it may have Lego printed on it. But what does it have to do with bricks? Brilliant! I hope (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"David Zorn" <david_zorn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G9w25x.5vH@lugnet.com... (...) Snip. WOW! I couldn't have said it better myself. LEGO _NEEDS_ to listen to this. What John said - send this to Billund guys. -Tim (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long)

David Zorn wrote: <snipped wonderfully insightful analysis by David> Right on, David! You are absolutely dead on. I wish someone from LEGO Direct would forward your post directly to Billund, because *this* is the kind of market analysis TLC needs, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long)

Dear Lego, Some evesdropping from the Lego aisle at a Walmart in Northern Virginia last night. A father in his 40s was with his son about 10 or 11. The son wanted to buy a Roborider set. The father was discouraging him. Father: You don't collect (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Soccer Download Page on LEGO.com

(...) Dear LEGO Direct, Thank you for the fast response and personal email. I posted my message at 2:51pm. A private response was sent to me at 3:26pm, acknowledging the problem, letting me know they were (already?) working on it, and giving me a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) G'day Tim, I saw you mention this survey in passing once before, but I think I missed the original proposal. So my question about this survey is, "To what end?" I.e., what's the goal? It sounds like you would be doing work that TLC should be (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact