 LEGO Company / 2797
Re: to LEGO factory : You are not being fair.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:55:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Sean Kenney wrote:
   Dear LEGO Factory...
• - Snip -
Week 2 : Where are my models?

I uploaded two models last night. They’ve been moderated. They are marked in the “My Models” area as entries for the 2nd week’s contest. But they have not appeared anywhere in the competition gallery, even though voting has begun! How can I compete fairly if my models don’t show up alongside everyone else’s for just as long as theirs do?

It appears this issue has not been dealt with. Now is the beginning of Week 3, and I’m feeling the same pain. It does look like your models did get added eventually, Sean, so there’s hope for mine. But there’s definitely a penalty for those who submit later than Thursday or so. I’m disappointed this isn’t as fair as I’d hoped it would be.

I submitted mine last Friday evening, since I wanted to make sure there was enough time to get moderated and in the competition. The designs online now have not changed since last Thursday. Mine is also showing as moderated for competition 3 and ready to go.

Grr. Maybe they’ll show up tomorrow. But since there’s a built-in “top model” scheme, it’s unlikely that johnny-come-lately additions will be able to catch up. Maybe I’m whining for no reason, but it’s frustrating to work hard on something and then be penalized for no apparent reason.

Kelly