 LEGO Company / 2464
2463  |  2465
Subject:
4400 at Kroger (was Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:52:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Anthony Sava wrote:
In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
US: Kroger - 4400 and 5230 (not sure the details)¬ • ...
I bought two 4400 at my local Kroger signature store last week.  $9.99 each.
700 parts, extra parts do not match Peeron's inventory.

My Kroger (Durham, NC) has a palette for $14.99 (same price with or without a
Kroger card)

Like Anthony said, the 300 extra parts are pretty different from the earlier mix
when the 4400 was available from S@H and Boscov's. The current 4400 is very much
like the mix in the 4679 bonus box, except there's more likely to be right
wedges to go with the left ones, and maybe a little more variety if that's
possible. And like the 4679s I've gotten, the regular and bonus bricks are
mostly old grays.

I addition to the 4679-like mix (e.g., minifig heads) I got a large white burp,
3 1x14 technic beams, 1x8 dark red 45 slopes, ...

I got three new (to me) brick colors in the bonus mix, including 2 1x2 dark
green bricks. Thanks to the 4400 and the 4679, I can now make a 2x4 brick out of
51 different colors -- and that's without trying to collect different colors.
For instance, I haven't gotten any of the new brown yet.

Cary