 Inventories / 429
Re: 7994 City Harbor Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 02:29:27 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone who owned this set could confirm whether the 1x2
plates with rails just above the windsheild on the truck were dark blue or if
they were black.  I can't tell from the photos.

Crossing my fingers for dark blue, but I realize that might be a stretch.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I bought a copy of 7994, mainly for the boat hull and crane parts.  I can
confirm that the 1x2 plate w/ rail pieces are just plain ol' black.  In fact, I
don't think there are any really exotic colors in 7994... just your usual hues
of the colors, plus light and dark bley.  I can't recall if there are any nifty
printed parts.  Although it's a stickered part, there is an amusing "Remember
not to  drive your car off the dock into the harbor" sign.  Well, it doesn't say
all that, but it gets the point across.

The crane's lifting mechanism features a worm drive enclosed in a clear gear
case.  This part is unique to me, though it has probably been in some other sets
as well.  And of course, the red crane support stands are back.  There are also
some new 16x32 dock section pieces in dark gray - a bit different of a design
than in the old Nautica harbor sets.

-Jordan