 Inventories / 10
Re: Clear 1 x 1 tiles?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:45:48 GMT

Quoting Dave Schuler! <dschuler@federatedinv.com>:

In lugnet.inv, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
What set had clear 1 x 1 tiles?  I've got one here in a mixed lot I • purchased.
It's not on Peeron, it's not on BL - but it does have sale data on BL. • Any
info would be great!  Thanks in advance.

  Clear 1x1 tiles are common among clone brands, and they often don't have
any clone-specific markings on them.  Does the tile in question show the
LEGO part number anywhere?

This crossed my mind that it might be a clone, but the plastic seems genuine,
there's no lego markings, it's got the groove, and unlike the clones that were
in the batch (tyco and megablok), it's standard 1/3 height, not 1/2 or anything
silly like that.  Long story short.  I don't know.  There's only 1.  I did find
some clone 2 x 2 tiles in black, no markings, just "looked funny" on the
underside, weren't smooth, had like.. mold flaws underneath.  This 1 x 1 is too
small to tell, and no, doesn't have a lego number on it, but i'm not sure 1 x 1s
usually do.

Jennifer