 Instructions / *491 (-20)
  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) I have been wrestling with this section for a while. Not sure what to call it to make sure it makes sense. Maybe I should go back to "resources"...hmmm. Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) Sounds like you just volunteered! You can email me the article at: sink AT countersinkdg DOT com. Hopefully you are willing to help out, those are some great subjects! :) Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) until next week. This file probably has more to do with a LPub tutorial on Kevin's site. If you have been trying to email me my normal email has been down and I can be contacted at ben_289NOSPAM@hotmail.com. Thank you for you help setting up (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) Ben, I'm happy to post any updates if you'll pass me updated copy. Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) Cool. I am hoping that many people will try out backgrounds! I am glad that you liked the tutorial. (...) On the main page menu bar click 'help' This has a link to the faq and resources sections. Ben (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) Ben, Thanks for taking the time to do this. I have wondered about using backgrounds when making the images, but hadn't gotten around to trying it. Your well-written and nicely structured guide makes me want to include one in my next model. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) Thank you very much. (...) I agree that these topics are important. I may not have enough knowledge to put together a tutorial for them. Hopefully, someone else would be interested. (...) I agree again. Quality is an important factor missing (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) VERY VERY VERY NICE! But might I suggest that we also need to focus on two other "BI Topics". Making BIs that are PRINTABLE Making BIs for the Web You covered the basic concept of what a good proffessional BI should look like. That is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

(...) Hi Ben, Nice tutorial. I read your small blurb on part list images. LPub provides you with complete control for part orientation in part list images using a DAT file in the LPub install directory. I'll have to dig out the name when I get home. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Image Editing: A guide to making Building Instructions

I wrote an article for the Building Instructions Portal on the topic of image editing. (URL) article focuses on professional looking building instructions by creating backgrounds, a numbering system, parts lists, and sub assemblies using Photoshop. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.2 available

Interesting. I will download and try immediately! Thanks Kevin. Jaco "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:HKHMB2.1L79@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  LPub 2.2.0.2 available

LPub 2.2.02 is available at (URL) version primarily provides a fix for image cropping that caused "out of resource" diaglogs, and killed the BOM process. It also has a minor new feature where you can provide a URL for where your images will be (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  BrickFest 2003 LPub/LSynth presentations

Hi, I uploaded my LPub and LSynth power point presentations from BrickFest 2003. They are on brickshelf: (URL) file is lpub.ppt. (URL) file is lsynth.ppt. Enjoy! Kevin (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) Layout can't do anything unless you've generated everything. (...) This is related to sub-model usage. LPub uses a depth first search algorithm for processing sub-models. So it looks for all the sub-models in a model and creates their (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) LAYOUTS is the menu item. And yes, it does work! I'm guessing it didn't work for me earlier, because it needs the parts and the step .jpg's already created... is that right? And my guess is that I tried using it as a first step, not a second (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

In lugnet.inst, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) I'm not at my LPub computer right now, so I can't tell you, but it is a *menu* item just below the one you use to generate images. (...) In the extra procesing step via the extra menu I just (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

(...) find any way to do it. For me, that's o.k. since my models right now are small and relatively simple. However, I did notice something in your picture above. You have the parts list for that step as part of the instruction image. Are you doing (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Instructions for new fire truck - Ladder 110

In lugnet.inst, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) LPub 2.2 adds another layer of processing after the two that you listed. The new layer can do a few things for you: 1. Pack sub-model steps into a single "callout" image for use in making compact (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: LPub question: how to change angle of view for instructions

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) Yes, and LPub obviously. A rotation step is like a step, but it also rotates the model about the origin, which has the same effect as changing the camera view angle. Rotation steps are wonderful, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub question: how to change angle of view for instructions

(...) Hi Kevin, I'm not very familiar with MLCAD, I use LeoCAD as my main modelling tool. Is the term 'rotation step' something specific to MLCAD? Regardless, I decided to work on this problem again the other night. I opened the original file for (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact