 Instructions / *221 (-10)
  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

(...) Orion, Right now there is a dependency between the lsynth GUI program and the lsynthcp program in that lsynth needs to know where lsynthcp is located to be able to run it. Currently the windows based installer uses the registry to identify (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

Jennifer, You are using and old verion of LSynth where the length is provided. Version 2.0 has it removed, because it was not used. Orion, I agree completely on wanting a length control. I also want lsynth to somehow understand hose rigidity (I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

(...) Yes. That is one of the bugs in the program (I'm sure there are more lurking out there.) I've got constraints too close together. Again, I hope to fix this using an iterative length technique, or to have the synthesizer assume know that the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

(...) I'm pretty excited about that one myself. Currently it really only handles rubber bands as belts. I also need to add (because I need it in a model) the ability to have non-planar belts, and non-belts (constrained by bricks, liftarms and such). (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

Hi Jaco, I started out on the wrong approach to synthesized hoses and rubber bands, where I used LDraw parts to create the bands and tubes. In most cases I don't need new parts, I just need to use a cylinder (or square) primitive and scale it as (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message (...) to (...) synthesized (...) need. (...) or (...) Yup, I realised that. The lsynth header allows you to specify the hose length (even though it currently isn't used) so I'm (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

(...) For non fixed length parts such as hoses the constraint part work beautifully. What I'm talking about is the fixed length flexble axles and ribbed hoses. The shape of the curve structure betwwen two point is dependent on the length of the part (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8qqq5.Bu9@lugnet.com... (...) Horses for courses I suppose, I found the constraint method (when applied to pneumatic hoses) totally brilliant, in fact I can't imagine a simpler (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

This is the correct one. Forget the first! "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@globalxs.nl> schreef in bericht news:H8r0vD.9rr@lugnet.com... (...) example (...) straight (...) great! (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

This is the wrong version of my post :-) "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@globalxs.nl> schreef in bericht news:H8r08B.8ov@lugnet.com... (...) example (...) small (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact