 Harry Potter / 436
435  |  437
Subject:
HP Set Color/Design Choices (was: Second Harry Potter Movie Trailer Released)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:00:17 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Kevin Wilson writes:
Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
In lugnet.harrypotter, Kevin Wilson writes:
Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
Why are the kids wearing '70s leisure suits?

They aren't, they are wearing Brit-style school uniforms. Shirt, sweater,
school badge, tie. I wore 'em at grammar school in the UK in the • seventies.
Hogwarts is, after all, a British boarding school, if a very unusual one • :-)

No, no, no, no, no...the minifigs!

Well I dunno, I'm looking  at this page:
http://www.1000steine.de/harrypotter/sets/teile/
at the detail pics of 4704 and 4706, and I see minifigs in shirt/tie/sweater
with school badge. I agree the capes look pretty dumb, but I don't see any
polyester leisure suits :-) Where are you seeing them?

I tried to point you to the thread where I brought this up before,but here
is a link right to the Creator box art as was discussed there:
http://www.geocities.com/loch_forest/hpbox.html

Also, see the non-detail pictures from 1000steine from the "First True Harry
Potter Pics!" threads: http://www.1000steine.de/harrypotter/

Now, if you haven't yet, go to http://www.harrypotter.com and see the
stills, and the trailers. Notice where the kids are wearing black pants and
cloaks-not monotone grey leisure suits and starry capes.

For some reason, LEGO is making VERY weird color/design choices for their
Potter sets. I don't understand it at all. It seems to me that the movie is
dead-on...just the way the students, Hogwarts, Hogwarts Express, and all
SHOULD look...where LEGO gets orange tables, purple chairs, tiny train
wheels, and starry capes is beyond me.

HTH,

Matt