 Harry Potter / 424
Re: Second Harry Potter Movie Trailer Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 05:56:21 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Kevin Wilson writes:
Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
Why are the kids wearing '70s leisure suits?

They aren't, they are wearing Brit-style school uniforms. Shirt, sweater,
school badge, tie. I wore 'em at grammar school in the UK in the seventies.
Hogwarts is, after all, a British boarding school, if a very unusual one :-)

No, no, no, no, no...the minifigs!

The costumes in the movie look GREAT...just like they should. But the
minifigs look NOTHING like the movie...look at 'em! Monotone grey torso,
hips and legs. Capes with STARS. They look NOTHING like the movie! They look
like they are wearing '70s polyester leisure jump-suits.

I've kvetched about this before here in .harrypotter, back when we were
looking at the Creator box. (http://news.lugnet.com/harrypotter/?n=220)
There is NO reason for them to look so...well, WRONG.

If I could make a figure that looks like the costumes in the
movie(http://news.lugnet.com/harrypotter/?n=108), and NOT get paid to do so,
you'd think LEGO could get a bit closer, right?

Matt