 Harry Potter / 311
    Re: Sets —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Seem reasonable to me. My German ain't the greatest and no time to babelize it (in MSP airport and have to dash for a flight in 5 min) but I am reading that this auction is for the instructions only and it seems to have reached 1000 DM (but (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Sets —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) Well, now it's closed, and simply says at the top: Für diesen Artikel werden keine Gebote mehr entgegengenommen. Der Verkäufer hat diese Auktion vorzeitig beendet. Sollten Sie weitere Fragen haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Verkäufer. (Or, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Sets —Harvey Henkelman
     (...) Didn't LEGO® use that arrangement in their Twisted Time Train set? -Harvey (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Sets —Jason J. Railton
      (...) Why should friction be a problem? Those wheels could slip and slide like any other - it's only if you power them you need a good grip, and then you'd probably use a standard 9V train motor, which has tyres. It would probably make a better (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Sets —Dave Lovelace
     (...) Alta Vista translates it as "My cats made themselves tonight over the guidances." That sounds, to me, like his cats peed on the instructions. Funny stuff. I wonder if that's the German way of saying "my dog ate my homework." Neat looking (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Sets —Johannes Koehler
     Hello! (...) Hahaha! No! It means: "My cats destroyed the instruction books". No word of peeing :-) (...) Not really idiomatically. But the sense in this case may be the same. Bye Jojo (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: Sets —Dave Lovelace
     (...) Thanks, Jojo. It definitely sounds like a lame excuse, no matter which way you decipher it. What kind of cats does he have that would destroy all the books, whether with claws or bladders? Bengal tigers? Bah...I'm waiting for these sets to hit (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Sets —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Whoops, wasn't clear, sorry! I meant TOO MUCH friction and I was worried about the axle centers. That engine looks unpowered so doesn't need to increase "adhesion" (the technical term for the kind of desireable friction that keeps driven (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)