 Harry Potter / 1200
Re: Finished reading Goblet of Fire (spoilers!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:05:06 GMT

Wow!  You sure did enjoy HP GOF!

It too was my favorite, but the ending was bittersweet.  Not only did the
book's ending leave you with the foreshadowing of a dark next two books, but
by my finishing HP meant that I had a long wait before I was able to read a
new HP book.

RANT WARNING! LOL

I got into HP just before the big craze began.  (Some say it bagan a year
earlier in England but not yet in the US) Anywho, I gobbled up HP:SS in six
hours - having finished the best read since I read Tom Clancy's The Hunt for
Red October.  My Mom has always ensured I was in no short supply of books,
because my life is much unlike that teen and I hardly watch TV or play video
games, so I shortly thereafter I owned HP:CoS - which I more casually read.
I finished HP:PoA a month later and then spent 7 of the 8 weeks of the
summer camping in some sort of way. I know - long time! My first day home, I
found HP:GoF on my bed.  OMGoodness!  What a welcome home gift.  Awed by the
734 pages of exciting reading, I dug in.  But as pg 300 came round in three
days, I slowed down, knowing that GoF was last for a long time.  After I
finished GoF, I reread the entire series.  Then LOTR took over and I
recently finished it.  Last week - over the course of 8 days, I read from
front to back all HP books!  HP is pure extcasty!

Now that I am done ranting... A few things...

1: JK Rowling is now delaying HP:5 longer because she is pregant.  It is
speculated that the book will be released shortly after her baby is born,
and be dedicated to him.  Don't quote me on this - because this is pure
speculation.

2: The possibilities are endless for Lego production but man, there will be
a limit.  We will be doing lots of creations on our own.  Lets just hope TLG
releases all the required minifigs...

3: Because the huge length of HP:Gof, I don't foresee everthing being
included in the movie.  Remeber: 2 rooms of the SS Obstacle course was
skipped - but one didn't count with a knocked out Troll.

Glad you enjoyed the book and sorry for the rant!

We all should get together and beg Tim to bring back FBTB2 so we can have a
great HP fansite as great as it SW Brother! Maybe some of us should
volunteer to help?

Jeremy!

In lugnet.harrypotter, Erick Jensen writes:
I just finished Goblet of Fire.  All I can say is, WHEN does the next book
come out?  That was the best in the series.  Second would be Prisoner of
Azkaban.  If we have to wait for new castle until these sets come out, so be
it!  It may be 2-3 years away, but I can't wait!  We can start off with a
new Quiddich feild for the championship game.  Possibly some small sets with
wizard tents.  Maybe a Weasly house.  Then we can get to the triwizard
tourny sets!  First task with huge dragons!  Second task with an underwater
village possibly.  Third task with a big green maze.  Here's an idea.  Lego
could use a "module" design here.  Sell small sets that connect to form a
huge maze.  Designed so you buy multiples of some to form the complete set.
Small 10 dollar sets featuring a Champion or a monster.  Then one with the
cup.  It would be much more affordable than one large $80 set.  Think of all
the green bricks.... Then possibly a small 'playset' with some tombstones
and voldemort.  A Durmstrung ship?  A Buxbuttons (sp?) carrige?  Madam
Maxine, Mad Eye Moody.  I assume we'd have a Sirius by this time.  This book
has some serious potential as a lego series.  And the movie would fantastic,
I hope they don't run out of steam by this one.  You know, a crappy slapped
together movie with not the original actors and of course, straight to
video.  It's got such potential!

E.