 Harry Potter / 1199
Re: Finished reading Goblet of Fire (spoilers!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:42:13 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Erick Jensen writes:
I just finished Goblet of Fire.

Great!!!  I loved it!!  It was over 700 pages in hardcover (I have them all
in hardcover).

All I can say is, WHEN does the next book come out?

The book has not been even sent to the publishers yet.  The author,
Joanne (J.K.) Rowling is still "tweeking" the story.  It is going to be
the best story yet, that is why she is taking this long to write, plus all
the time it has taken to ensure the movies meet her standards and stay as
close to what she wants to present about Harry's world.

That was the best in the series.

(and the longest!!!)

Second would be Prisoner of Azkaban.

I think they all rock!!  I can't wait for the next movie to come out!!

If we have to wait for new castle until these sets come out, so be
it!  It may be 2-3 years away, but I can't wait!  We can start off with a
new Quiddich feild for the championship game.  Possibly some small sets with
wizard tents.  Maybe a Weasly house.

This might come out sooner than you think.  He has been to the Weasley's at
least twice (he stays at Ron's in book 2).

Then we can get to the triwizard
tourny sets!  First task with huge dragons!  Second task with an underwater
village possibly.  Third task with a big green maze.  Here's an idea.  Lego
could use a "module" design here.  Sell small sets that connect to form a
huge maze.  Designed so you buy multiples of some to form the complete set.
Small 10 dollar sets featuring a Champion or a monster.  Then one with the
cup.  It would be much more affordable than one large $80 set.  Think of all
the green bricks.... Then possibly a small 'playset' with some tombstones
and voldemort.  A Durmstrung ship?  A Buxbuttons (sp?) carrige?  Madam
Maxine, Mad Eye Moody.  I assume we'd have a Sirius by this time.  This book
has some serious potential as a lego series.  And the movie would fantastic,
I hope they don't run out of steam by this one.  You know, a crappy slapped
together movie with not the original actors and of course, straight to
video.  It's got such potential!

E.

I agree.  There's been rumours that the 4th movie will be split in two.
One for (US) Thanksgiving, and the other for Christmas, each the same
length as the first movie (approx. 2 1/2 to 3 hours long).  I wouldn't
doubt it.  The story is too large to attempt to compress it into a "feature
length".

The toys and going to the box office did wonders for Harry Potter.  I doubt
that 2 to 3 years down the road that they will give up on it, unless they
wait too much longer to bring out the next book.

As far as sets go.  Despite the urge to use "simple" building techniques,
this years line of licensed Lego sets has been very good.  I'm not to
keen on the overall design of the Privet drive, but the car is smashing and
there are nice elements worth stocking up on in all the sets put out.
(and I am still working on trying to buy sets from the first movie, D'oh!!!!)

:)

Ben