 Harry Potter / 1016
Re: What do you think of Goblin heads?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 22:04:17 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Erik Olson writes:
So, the Gringott's Bank set has goblin heads with protruding ears and such.
Are these a good idea in general, or best used sparingly?

If you are building an orc army, I would say - stock up.

I was just looking at Jon Furman's rendition of Tolkienish "goblins" (with
the goblin heads) and "orcs" (with mummy heads and mostly wolfpack hoods).
In general, I don't like the one-piece heads because they defeat the very
strength of Lego: customization and modularity.  They DO work reasonably
well as Tolkienian orc/goblin/Uruk heads, but the mummy heads have their own
appeal and can accomodate helmets, hats, and hoods.

I suppose I'm reasonably happy because they fill a need I had, but overall I
hope Lego only employs them sparingly.

Bruce