 Harry Potter / *932 (-10)
  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

"James Stacey" <james@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GntA1M.2HD@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) <snip> The same Neil gaiman of "Sandman" fame? Why's he suing? I for one will not be seeing the Harry Potter movie or reading the books. Why (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

saw the film last night and words fail me in a family newsgroup like this to adequately describe how dire it was. If it was indeed as close to the book as some say I'm suprised its only Neil Gaiman who is (apparently) suing. There wasn't one (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today!

i haven't the read the books, i am never going to read the books (my reading list is too full already!!) but i saw the film! impressions: better than i thought it was going to be, but at points it was seriously trite. moments, such as the awarding (...) (23 years ago, 1-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter sold out in Australia

(...) week. Well, I just passed through Myer Queen Street, and while there were no Hogwarts Castles to be seen, there seemed to be plenty of all the other HP Lego sets. So it really may just be the castles that have sold out. Kerry (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Hogwarts Castle -it's official!

So it's now official - Hogwarts Castle is the No.1 toy this Christmas and has predictably sold out here in the UK. On TV tonight, the Newsround programme reported this and the fact that the sets are being sold on for up to FOUR TIMES the High Street (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter sold out in Australia

(...) Interesting...This may cause a slight amount of difficulty to target next week. Starting Saturday: Hogwarts express $79.95, save $20 Sorting hat $9.95, save $2 Winged keys room $29.95, save $10 Others lego also on sale, but no blanket x% off, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today!

Just seen a headline at 'The Onion': "New Harry Potter Film Turns Children On To Magic Of Not Reading". Vicious, but funny. Jason J Railton P.S This is the same publication that did the "Harry Potter Books Spark Rise In Satanism Among Children" (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Harry Potter sold out in Australia

(...) That's the same story in the US, at least to some extent. I ordered the full set through LSAH fairly soon after they came out, and the castle, griffendor common room, diagon alley and the other small set are all backordered, with delivery (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Source of Train Car Bases in Harry Potter set 4705

For anyone else who might be planning to build a train car using dark grey in the color scheme (as am I), you might be interested in knowing that the HP Set 4705 (Snape's Class) includes two great bricks that can be used as bases. The dark grey (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Harry Potter sold out in Australia

In today's (Thurs 28 Nov) Brisbane Courier-Mail, it says: Potter Collectors Storm The Castle Lego Australia has sold out of its most popular Harry Potter line a month before Christmas with stocks unlikely to be replenished before March. It is (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.harrypotter)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact