 Harry Potter / *837 (-20)
  Gouge gouge gouge....gouge

Hi, everybody. Well, well, well. HP is out and about, and we have (of course) the expected prices. But lo! and behold, what do I see today but the infamous K-B consortium gouging *again* on a popular toy line: (URL) Yes, not content to be 20% over (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.market.theory)

  Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(Note follow-ups.) I've seen a couple mentions recently on various newsgroups that Playmates Toys had a "construction toy" license for Lord of the Rings. Never saw any concrete info, though Playmates has an "Intelli-Blox" logo on their website (not (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof

(...) a nice touch... maybe TLG will make it as bundle it as a service pack ;-) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof

(...) I agree with Lawrence. I prefer the original roof. Anyway, it's not paper, it's a fairly durable plastic. On top of that it's printed, and looks a lot better on the model than anything you could do with current bricks. I can't say I'm a big (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 4709 Hogwart's Castle found.

(...) I picked up the set 3 days ago myself. Other than the price, I thought the set was awesome all the way around. Well except for the paper panels for the roof, but otherwise a really cool set. But it only came with a Gryphindor/Slytherin flag. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?

(...) Mmmmmm. I can almost smell the aroma... What do they taste like?????? 8?) ROSCO FUT .o-t.fun (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?

(...) Thought of some more (older) sets for you Larry: 5804 Witch's Cottage 5808 The Enchanted Palace Also, check on the Fright Knights sets, if you haven't already... Matt (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?

(...) Easy enough for me, they're all on my dining room table right now. :) :) James (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?

(...) Thanks for checking James...I couldn't tell from the pictures. Matt (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?

(...) Nope, just checked. :) 4705 and 4721 are the only HP sets with cauldrons. James (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?

(...) Larry, this part is now prevalent in the Harry Potter sets...lets see here...S@H Fall 2001 catalog, page 4, #4721 Hogwarts Classrooms, qty. 1; page 6, #4705 Snape's Class, qty. 1; page 5, I think #4709 Hogwarts Castle has one too... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.harrypotter)

  HP on BB

Did anyone see they had a feature on the Big Breakfast here in the UK this morning where they were rating this Christmas' hot toys in a gladitorial style. Hogwarts Castle and Hogwarts Express were the only ones to get a thumbs up, Nutcracker Suite (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) I went into TRU Metrotown on Tuesday and bought one of the Alley Magic Shops sets, they had pretty much everything even one box of the large castle and Hogwart's Express but I couldn't find the class room set (maybe some TRU employee saw they (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Lego discontinuing Ninja series?

(...) Thing is, the lead in the Star Trek movies is NOT the same through out the entire run either. There were runs of around 7 movies for a couple of the Bond leads, so like the other post pointing this out, it should listed as a number of smaller (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof

Superb! A textbook example of why this community needs to have more interaction with TLG so that suggestions like this could made to the mucky-muck's who don't know any better. Dave Troy's Surplus Lego <legosales@tcphoto.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LotR won't happen

(...) There is a list on (URL) about halfway down the page --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LotR won't happen

Has anyone seen pictures of upcoming Star Wars sets? Or a list? KEith (...) ___...___ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at (URL) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 4707 Hagrid's Hut complaints....

I actually agree. I hadn't thought of Jack Stone. Lord of the Rings would have been a better choice, except that Harry Potter has more appeal to kids. Most kids haven't read LOTR while they have read Harry Potter. KEith (...) ___...___ Get your FREE (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof

Troy, Your version is great. Many, many times better. But, I can't speak first hand about it, as no place in Eugene (OR) has gotten them yet. KEith (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Modifications to Hagrid's Hut - A New Roof

(...) Maybe, but at least Troy has managed to build something half-way decent from available elements -- which more than hints at what TLC could have done had it chosen to do so. Plus Troy's design is compatible with the featured unfolding aspect of (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact