 Harry Potter / 824
Re: Lego discontinuing Ninja series?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:34:13 GMT

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:40:05 GMT, "Jonathan Little" <piano254@aol.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Keith Kirchoff writes:
Bond doesn't count; either does Batman since they contain numerous different
cast members.  Superman is one, though, that can't be forgotten.

KEith

What a strange judgement...

Exclude Bond or Batman, and you'd better exclude Star Wars. And Jurrassic Park.
Rocky and Indiana Jones retained the same lead, but definitely had "numerous
different cast members".

And you'd better exclude Harry Potter, if the books are anything to go by.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

I can see Keith's point. The difference with Bond and Batman is that the
lead was played by a few different people. Slightly different casts wouldn't
matter, or else Superman could be put there. However, Superman retained
Christopher Reeve in the lead role, whereas Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and
George Clooney have all worn Batman's mantle.

-Jonathan

Thing is, the lead in the Star Trek movies is NOT the same through out
the entire run either.  There were runs of around 7 movies for a
couple of the Bond leads, so like the other post pointing this out, it
should listed as a number of smaller series  then :^)
A Star Trek line has possibilities, I'd rather see a B5 line first tho
:^)
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)