 Harry Potter / *1222 (-20)
  Re: Privet Drive revisited

Hi, The house is just a model of my own design. The front first floor is similar to the model in 4728, but I had to use a lot of extra pieces for the top floor and back. I ended up using all the DkGray 2x4 slopes I had for the roof. I think I will (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

(...) How many green corners? I saw only one in the picture. There used to be a cardinal Lego design rule that you get an even number of pieces like this, or matched sets like in car doors. It was that grey roof peak issue that triggered my (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

Kerry Raymond wrote in message ... (...) and (...) excited (...) I disagree, there are some *very* nice parts in this set. Light grey 2x2 roof peaks (previously extremely hard to get), tan 2x2 roof peaks (not available before AFAIK), green 2x2 roof (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.harrypotter)

  New Harry Potter sets

Having acquired and built the new Harry Potter sets, here's a brief review of them. For each one, I give the prices I paid about a week ago through local retailers with the S@H price shown for comparison. The price per piece (based on S@H prices) is (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Privet Drive revisited

(...) I like the rebuild you have done, based on the teaser. (...) Yo-da, Yo-da, Yo-da! One of the great sets for building buildings (lots of tan, brown, burnt orange and sand green) IMHO. Kerry (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.town)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

It was one of two pillars with traintrack surrounding with a bridge between them. You can see better pictures on: (URL) Bogaard "Peter Young" <pyoung@liveitnerd.com> wrote in message news:H4A2uv.Kwy@lugnet.com... (...) sure (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Privet Drive revisited

Kevin, Very nice, I was only able to see the teaser - but by modifying the file name slightly I was able to see the whole folder. The dark grey slopes look fantastic on the roof, is this house modeled after the real 4 Privet Drive as seen in the HP (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.town)

  Privet Drive revisited

Since I just got Escape from Privet Drive last weekend, I had to build a proper house using the new BurntOrange and tan windows. Here's a teaser: (URL) the full folder when moderated is here: (URL) I just have to aquire more burnt orange ... Kevin (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.town)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

Great photos! Some awesome works there! One construction I wasn't too sure on is picture 136-3653_img.jpg. What is it? Peter Young. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what are the set numbers 4732 and 4734 reserved for???

(...) 4735 was AUS$14.99 on Thursday in Target, Warringah Mall (N. Sydney). Chris (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  what are the set numbers 4732 and 4734 reserved for???

I just wrote a summary of the prices for the new HP sets locally compared with the S@H price (all in Australian dollars): 4726 Quidditch Practice, $22.95 Kmart, $24.95 S@H 4727 Aragog in the Dark Forest, $34.99 Target, $39.95 S@H 4728 Escape from (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  More Chrome? Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

(...) Builders. So now the question must be asked - if this was made by Lego - is that painted on chrome or are those more real Lego chrome parts? Could someone from the event clear this up? (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.general)

Whoops, these were not deep linked. Let's try that again: Trains and town (URL) Wars (Star Destoyer!) (URL) hope this works better. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

More pictures of LEGOworld 2002 in Zwolle (the Netherlands) on October 18th 2002!!! Check: (URL) reviewed. Some previews: Town and trains (URL) Wars (URL) Potter (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: CoS Poll

In lugnet.harrypotter, Bruce Hietbrink writes: Snip (...) snip Hi Bruce, I have not "yet" purchased any of the new sets, but I have seen the spider assembled in my local store, personally, I think it looks good and I'm looking forward to buying a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: CoS Poll

For me my favorite set is the Privet Drive set (great elements, great car, great figs). My least favorite is the Aragog set (I just think the spider looks goofy) (though I do like the Ron and Harry torsos in that set). Favortie fig is probably Uncle (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: CoS Poll

Simon, Create a poll! (URL) love to see the results! -Aaron "Simon Higgins" <NEXTGEN1000@aol.com> wrote in message news:H43Eo2.6Eu@lugnet.com... (...) case (...) Forest,The (...) Chamber (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  CoS Poll

I was just wondering what everyones favorite and least favorite of the new Harry Potter sets are and favorite new fig. Just for backround info, in case anyone forgot, the sets are: Dobby's Release, Slytherin,Quidditch Practice, Aragog in the Dark (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ¡Prisoner Sets Too!

(...) Oooh, we could get a medieval village out of the Hogsmeade sets. The midnight bus will be cool too, I forgot about that. Some kind of Azkaban set might be nice. Some Dementors would make a great fig, I would say the size of Hagrid, dk gray, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  ¡Prisoner Sets Too!

I agree. Rawlings was supposed to have book five ready in April, and then all the info just went away. It's going to be hard to make movies if she doesn't write a book a year. The actors will age too quickly. ¿What about Book 3? I'm SO looking (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact