 Harry Potter / 1208
Re: CoS Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:06:29 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Snip
My least favorite is the Aragog set (I just think the spider looks goofy)
snip

Hi Bruce,

I have not "yet" purchased any of the new sets, but I have seen the spider
assembled in my local store, personally, I think it looks good and I'm looking
forward to buying a couple (partly for a story line I'm planning in a Castle
theme). What I'd like to see now, is someone transforming the spider into a
giant scorpion - I think that would be great (yes, I would like a giant
scorpion as part of my story).

As for the rest of the sets, my choices are obviously biased as to what I can
use for my castle creations. Bearing in mind that I have not purchased any of
the sets yet, the ones that look good to me are 4735 Slytherin - mainly for the
great new shields, 4731 Dobby's Release - mainly for the windows, the new book
and the round brown plates (lids for my barrels), 4728 - Escape from Privet
Drive - for the sloping roof bricks, the brown stairs and the tan diamond
windows (I can see I will end up with several cars & figures that I don't
want), 4726 Quidditch Practice - again roof blocks and the cloaks, as for the
larger sets, I have not seen those in any detail yet, but I will end up with at
least one of each (if not more).

I intend (eventually) to put together all of my Harry Potter collection and try
to build my version of what I think Hogwarts should look like, hopefully I may
even be able to photograph it and post it.

I'm also wondering what new items Lego might release early next year (possibly
3 smallish sets if they copy this year?), and how valuable those will be to me
in my castle area. So far, the only set I have not purchased from the first
release is 4708 Hogwarts Express and I still need 4711 Flying Lesson and 4712
Troll On The Loose from the second release (on the purchase list for soon). I
want all of the latest release (not sure how many of each though).

Thanks

Ken