 General / 9850
  Train Windows

Woo Hoo!!!...!!! Gray train windows in the 2000 sets! 3 gray windows in a SMALL set. We can get all we want now. Set #3401 has probably 50 pieces and 3 are gray 1x4x3 train window frames. Also, in set #3405 we will be able to get 6 white train (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

I'm not so sure they are gray... look at the caption picture that shows the action shot of the minifig kicking a ball. Those look white :-( Maybe Kevin can clarify for us, but I'm not optimistic. They look gray in the one shot but it is shadowed and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

The ones in the soccer bus look white. compare the gray to the white in the grandstand, and then look at the bus. KL (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Wow, maybe I ought to hold onto that 4558 after all. I guess I'm halfway to being able to make as many Club Cars as I want with these sets. What do you figure on cost for 3401? I'd say $10 or less except for that goofy action-keeper thingie. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Check out: (URL) $22, you can get either 6 black, red or white train windows. Too bad we don't get the train glass, but I am more thankful than able to complain at this point! After closer inspection, it does appear that the set with three train (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Is it 6 or 7? I'm hoping for 7, but if not then what do you think is in the back of the bus? I can't see on the one with white windows, but zoomed in on the red\black ones it looks like another window. (...) Not being a train head (yet) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Grey? Uh-uh - look at the inset next to 3401, they are white. The shading is wrong in the main picture, they are shadowed there. And no glass on them. (...) You HOPE - it doesn't HAVE to have windows on the other side ;-) (...) Yeah, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Train windows have a divider molded into the glass. You're right, though, there is a good chance there are 7 windows (though the rear could be a 1x4x3 trans panel). (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Looking at the Direct catalog, it appears the back window is definately a Train window. The glass appears to be plain glass. Well, some glass is better than no glass. Too bad, we might have to wait till May 1 to get them. :( -Chris (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) That's fine. I can't imagine how much I am going to spend on this stuff, better to have a space between releases! :) Scott S. (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

The Castle pictures also look slightly color distorted. The arches on the right side actually look blue (1x6 and 2x6), but the side away from the viewer looks grey. Hmmm. Colored lights do make it difficult to tell. Gary Istok (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)