 General / 9631
  Re: Wild West ?!

Too bad noone liked the theme.....if they did, it could have been a nice and big theme with nice trains and wagons, which btw would not look bad in every town, a nice station. What do u think of the way Lego creates a new theme evry 3 years? If only (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) What I'd like to know is around when the 3 year period came about. Certainly some time after 1987, when Blacktron, among the first official themes, was introduced. Also, not every series is limited to teh 3 year itch. One that comes readily to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) well actually it is a 2 yrs period.. with some exceptions. but 2/3 dont bother it is still too short for some sets.... Starwars...it would be a shame if the x-wing dissapears within' 3 years and don't think TLG would make a mistake like that (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) Hmm, I can't say when the trend started - it was in my dark ages. :/ (...) I think TLG has/is sticking to it pretty closely - although the rotation period seems to vary a bit - Adventurers seems to be a one year cycle, for example. But we have (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) I've posted ideas about this before, but only in lugnet.starwars. Do you guys think that they will actually reissue some of the StarWars sets a couple years down the road? The X-wing especially, it seems, should be "always available" It is the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) I assume this is referring to three-year "theme" (Adventurers, Wild West, etc.) cycles, not "sub-theme" (Cowboys, Indians, etc.). I don't think three years is an accurate assumption: Wild West had two years ('96 - more cowboys/soldiers (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) My thought is that the Adventurers more or less replaced the pirates (Much to every AFOL chagrin). I expect them to do a pirate length run, if they remain popular. My guess is that we will always have the three large themes (castle, town, and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) To follow up on my own post, the latest rumor is that Pirates are not returning in 2000, but will in 2001. We'll see... Steve (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)