 General / 8928
  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) parts, (...) I think that if we got something like this off the ground, that we would be able to provide this service. Atleast for parts that are currently available in sets from TLG. Lets say that you want 1,000 of part X Now lets say that (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) There is one obvious drawback to this option: I want 5000 2x4 light blue bricks. Another drawback is that I want 2000 2x2 orange tiles. That would be a $90,000 investment on your part to be able to fill my entire order. I just don't think very (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) just (...) this (...) Yes, this will obviosly not work in such extreme cases as this. I am sure that there are plenty of cases for which it WILL work though. And my point was to build it up to the point where it COULD order your parts directly (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) Well, this isn't fully compatible with what a lot of us want, and as Larry pointed out, this adds more work into the process that doesn't really have any value. If you want to be the one doing the grunt work, more power to you, but most people (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) Yeah, but like Steve said, I don't think you'd be building up to that point. I think you'd be building up a relationship as another small-time Lego retailer who would have little if any better chance getting them to switch to bulk ordering (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) My point (well ok, one of them) is that I don't think this is an extreme case. If I said "who wants 500+ macaroni bricks in the color of their choice?" How many hands do you think would go up? 5? 10? I'd guess even more. (...) Again, I think (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) Neat! I've transmogrified! Wow. I'm being mistaken for intelligent people. That hasn't happened before. ;) James (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) If I had the $50k, i'd probably try this route. I could even come up with a business plan (My best friend graduates in december with a business/marketing degree). But as I don't have the money, I think that what has been discussed here is a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) Yeah, for the really popular hard-to-find parts 500+ is a small number. I'd take 1000 in gray, green, and white right now. Oh, and black. (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)