 General / 8928
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:44:29 GMT

This part of the public wants to have the option of ordering specific • parts,
in specific quantities.

I think that if we got something like this off the ground, that we would be
able to provide this service.  Atleast for parts that are currently
available in sets from TLG.

Lets say that you want 1,000 of part X

Now lets say that that 3 other people want 1,000 each of parts A, B, and C.

Now, knowing this and the price that you would pay for the parts, we could
make strategic purchases of a set (or sets) that have those parts in them.

You get the parts that you want, and we get the safety net of knowing that
if we spend the money on the sets, that atleast we already have SOME of the
parts sold.

Of course, this wouldn't work for older parts that are no longer in current
sets.  But it is a start.  I doubt that we will ever be able to come in cld
turkey and get TLG to dig out a mold for a discontinued part.

Troy