 General / 8927
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:34:48 GMT

To an extent I agree with you, but I posit that this proof of concept has
already been done.

It's done all the time.  I have one running now on BRICKS for 3033 tubs.
But the scale isn't anything that would get TLG to notice. (It's only 10
tubs sorted out).  Nor were the tubs purchased wholesale from TLG (on sale
at Kmart).

I htink that the establishing of a business relationship with TLG first,
before asking for special orders, is crucial to the effort.  (just my
opinion though)

I am willing to put money in a service to order (directly or indirectly) • parts
I can specify, in quantities I can specify.  Like I said, I'd be willing • to
take a personal loss just to get something like that off the ground. • I,like
several others here, am positive that once such a service was started, it
would prove profitable and sustainable.

I think that we all would like this.  I myself would be ordering up 100's of
1x16 beams, among other things.  I think that we are not succeeding in this
because we are trying to go straight to it.  I think that we might need to
take little steps towars this goal, and TLG might come around.

Troy