 General / 8915
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:06:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jodi Neal writes:
In lugnet.general, Troy Cefaratti writes:

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Not sure what you're proposing exactly but based on details I would be
willing to be lead partner in a VC to get something off the ground. We
could just dust off the consortium mailing list to see who else is in.

Larry, what is VC????

Well, I'm not Larry, but I think he's talking venture capital.  Or venture
consortium.  Probably the second, actually, looking at context.

I *think* what's being proposed is a consolidation of the various efforts
into a more professional setup.  Approach TLG with a list assembled of
parts people want, and that we have the money (or the backing) for, right
now.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong, Jodi) that the proposal is to attempt to
buy bulk boxes out of Enfield, using the existing S@H service as a medium,
so that Lego has a minimal cost setup to bring it on-line.

If that is the case, then yeah, I'm in like a dirty shirt.  I'll put in my
2 bits.  Heck, I'll even put in my 4 bits the first time, just to get this
off the ground.  I have no problem taking a (personal) loss if it gets the
idea across to TLG that bulk ordering is a viable practise.

James
Part of what I'm proposing is using Lego S@H and part is using LUGNET man
power and the sales base that we have in our local stores.  Just like Todd and
Suzanne do in buying 10 sets and auctioning them off, we will be running a
large base for bulk buying from the LUGNET community.  If we find that there
are some parts that people want that can be found in one particular set, we
buy them in bulk, sort them down and sell them to those who want them.  At a
price that is fair and give us back some money to reinvest in more sets or
parts to fill the demand.

As I mentioned in my other post there are easily 8 or 9 people I can think of,
just off the top of my head, that already provide that service.  I want
something better.

We need to do some more research of our LUGNET group to see what the public
wants and needs.  So.......

This part of the public wants to have the option of ordering specific parts,
in specific quantities.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/