 General / 8938
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Troy Cefaratti writes:
This part of the public wants to have the option of ordering specific
parts, in specific quantities.

I think that if we got something like this off the ground, that we would be
able to provide this service.  At least for parts that are currently
available in sets from TLG.

There is one obvious drawback to this option: I want 5000 2x4 light blue
bricks.
Another drawback is that I want 2000 2x2 orange tiles.  That would be a
$90,000 investment on your part to be able to fill my entire order.  I just
don't think very many true 'bulk orders' could be realistically filled in this
fashion.

I just don't think that this is a workable solution for bulk ordering.  The
overhead is too high to make it work.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/