 General / 8817
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 22:12:27 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote: • If you tick
off the wrong person all forward motion stops.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Here's mine:

The people at TLG who continue to ignore the overwhelmingly huge
amount of interest the AFOL has in certain things (bulk order,
better service packs, etc) are fools.  Period.  If they're concerned
about what they SHOULD be concerned about, ie making TLG as much
money as possible, they'd be all over us.
<cut rest of message>

Are you saying that if you need 20 2x2 orange tiles that come in the pod
racing set for $90 a set, that TLG will not make more money selling 10 of
those sets for $900 then individual pieces for .06 x20 for $1.20? I don't
think so. If money is the sole reason for their operation, and maybe it is,
they would be foolish to EVER allow bulk orders.

    Furthermore, think about the flow of the product. By cutting out the
retail channel, Lego looses big business. If Toys  R Us sold 65% of my
product, I wouldn't do a single thing to tick them off. They can survuive
without Lego, but can Lego survive without them? Profits are already down.
It is not a change I would want to take.

-Nick