 General / 8815
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:58:51 GMT

Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote:
   Anyway, the reason I had that little buid up is beacuse you may have
just ruined your chances of getting any bulk ordering at all. Surely there
is a way that this can happen. We just haven't found it yet. But by making
the sarcatic remarks about "Those big machines that eat ABS tablets" are
probably hurting your attempts to bulk order more than you think.
   Overall I can't help but think we are all shooting ourselves in the
foot. Everytime someone mentions how "stupid the Lego Group is for not
allowing bulk orders" or "how this years StarWars sucks" you have to believe
that people at Lego are probaly reading it. And you know what, if you were
polite to me on the phone, and then you turned around and said you were
going to "turn on more heat" I would write you off real quick. If you tick
off the wrong person all forward motion stops.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Here's mine:

The people at TLG who continue to ignore the overwhelmingly huge
amount of interest the AFOL has in certain things (bulk order,
better service packs, etc) are fools.  Period.  If they're concerned
about what they SHOULD be concerned about, ie making TLG as much
money as possible, they'd be all over us.

It all comes down to money.  Lots of different plans have been
floated around here and on RTL that would involve very little effort
on TLG's part besides producing what they already produce and
selling it at a profit in bulk to one, a few, or many people.  By
ignoring well-reasoned requests and offers TLG is ignoring MONEY.

And you know what, money is something they shouldn't really be
ignoring.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/