 General / 8851
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 16:13:05 GMT

Just a couple of points. That 20K order we had assembled was for less
than 20 different parts in total, although across several colors.

I agree with most everything being said, but I feel that we need tu
build bridges to those in TLG that have any power to do anything. If we
come off as alienated raving rabble, no matter how justified, we won't
get anywhere.

I LOVE the brick. So do some at TLG. But anything short of a business
case that demonstrates in MBA terms what we know to be true (1) will
fail.

We need to figure how to develop and present such a case or we are
doomed. Letter writing campaigns will get routed to consumer affairs,
which means well, and may help individuals(2), but ultimately does not
have the power to change process

1 - bulk sales can be done cheaply, and will not cut into margins...
further, bulk sales enable free publicity for LEGO (think of 20 GMLTCs
exhibiting instead of just the GMLTC and the PNLTC... the NELUG exhibit
of AT ATs was the hit of Mindfest) which is worth a lot of cash...

2 - but every individual or group that gets helped USING CURRENT PROCESS
just strengthens the TLG argument that it is not cost effective.
Fundamental process reengineering is required. The prices quoted to Mike
P were fair and just when viewed from a TLG cost recovery perspective,
although certainly not when viewed from a market penetration price point
perspective.