 General / 8821
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:01:48 GMT

Nick Goetz wrote:
Are you saying that if you need 20 2x2 orange tiles that come in the pod
racing set for $90 a set, that TLG will not make more money selling 10 of
those sets for $900 then individual pieces for .06 x20 for $1.20? I don't
think so. If money is the sole reason for their operation, and maybe it is,
they would be foolish to EVER allow bulk orders.

For me that analysis is occasionally right, but usually wrong.
Take train doors, for example.  I never bought any 5561 Big Foot 4x4
for the white train doors, but I would buy 20 white train doors if
they were $2 each.

Furthermore, your analysis doesn't account for pieces that Lego doesn't
currently produce in the desired color, but easily could, nor for pieces
that they have produced in the past or are producing for the theme parks
but that are not available in any current sets.  There is plenty of
extra money they could make on those pieces without affecting set sales.

/Eric McCarthy/