 General / 8786
Re: Scale of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:21:45 GMT

This was mentioned here before, and not by myself, but a good point would be
that the classic 2x4 brick is approximately the same proportion as a common
clay brick.

common brick = 3 5/8 x 7 5/8 x 2 2/3
lego brick = 16 x 32 x 9.6

Build On!

John Matthews

Bryan Wong <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi, I am thinking of writing a research paper on the scale of Lego
models/bricks.  I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to • main
points that I should bring up?

I think my main focus will be on this: How TLG itself has different size • models
(i.e. Town vs Model Team) and if there is some "special correlation" • between
the scale of the model and its length (in a conventional unit, or maybe in
studs).

And then there's all that minifig/maxifig/microfig stuff...

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bryan