 General / 8839
Re: Scale of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:59:07 GMT

Well Bryan, here are some interesting minifig scale figures:

If you assume that an average door is 80' tall and you apply that to the
minifig scale doors, in proportion a minifig is 5'7" tall.  Which is a good
average height for a human.  The amusing part is when you measure the
minifigs body proportions at that scale.

If a minifig bought pants, he would need a 75" waist and a 13.3" inseam
If a minifig bought a dress shirt he would need a 33.3" collar and a 33.3"
sleeve
If a minifig bought a suit, he would need a 71.6" chest
If a minifig bought shoes, his feet would measure 13.3" long and 11.6" wide
(anyone know what size that is?)

In short, a minifig is one stocky little creature

Hope that helps

Silas

Bryan Wong wrote in message ...
Hi, I am thinking of writing a research paper on the scale of Lego
models/bricks.  I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to • main
points that I should bring up?

I think my main focus will be on this: How TLG itself has different size • models
(i.e. Town vs Model Team) and if there is some "special correlation" • between
the scale of the model and its length (in a conventional unit, or maybe in
studs).

And then there's all that minifig/maxifig/microfig stuff...

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bryan