 General / 8258
8257  |  8259
Subject:
number and letter bricks (was: Re: When should the 2000 Catalogue Appear?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:16:14 GMT

Gary wrote:
From the mid 1950's until 1972 LEGO made individual number and letter embossed on
1x1x1 white bricks.  These were available in service pack sets of about 50
bricks.  These sets varied slightly (font size, font style, letter/number color,
etc) and were produced in various different set numbers before being discontinued
in 1972.

Another interesting thing about the letter bricks is that there were
different
sets for different countries.  The set available in Sweden in 1971 was
different from that available in Germany.  Does anyone know how many
different letter sets for different languages there were?  Were there
any
in Cyrillic (e.g., Russian) or for other Eastern European languages?
How about for Asian languages? (I would guess not.)

/Eric McCarthy/